Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Frankly speaking

It's been a long time since I blogged (as I was reminded by Frank) and the reasons are two-fold. One, I haven't done any work on the Safari as I've been saving money to head east to the Birthday Bash and pick up my '64 Tradewind that I won in the raffle. (Still can't believe that.) The money has become tight because of reason number two: the rebuilding of our lake cabin that was totalled in a fire last Fall. I wish I had some before pictures to show you but the after photos will have to suffice. It turned out great but as most building projects go, it went over budget and the Airstream funds went into the cabin kitty.

This is a shot from the loft. The old cabin didn't have this feature. The kids absolutely love this space for playing board games and generally hanging out. The big kids love it too!

Just a shot of the driveway and the back of the cabin.


The deck is still waiting for railing but we had to celebrate my mom and dad's 62nd wedding anniversary and what a great day we had for it. Low 80's, nice breeze and great family get-together. Most of the kids are still up in the loft. Not pictured in the foreground are the big kids playing some very competitive bean bag toss.

That's all for now. I've got two weeks until I load everything I own into my Tahoe and head to New York state to meet up with a big group of new friends. Looking forward to breakfast by Frank, canoeing, fireworks, and God knows what else.

Peace!

5 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I could not help but notice that driveway looks like a pull through to me. Even if it is not, I am very good at backing up, so no issues there. How close to the water will I be able to get?

So glad you are coming Steve, I really forward to hanging and getting to know eachother.

Steve "Dancin" Hansen said...

Frank,
You can literally back up until your back end (Anna's) is hanging over the water with your wheels in the sand. If you're ever in this neck of the woods, mi casa es su casa.

nmbosa said...

If I had a cabin to spend my money on, it would be going there first too. Looks like a great vacation spot. The Tradewind will probably fit in well.

tinman54 said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF GOOD YEARS AHEAD, LOTS OF GOOD TIMES AROUND THE CAMPFIRE AT THE CABIN!!! LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PLACE, ALWAYS LIKED LOFTS IN CABINS.
ENJOY THE NEW PLACE
DOUG

Sugarfoot said...

The cabin project certainly looks to be worthy of Airstream funds. Just beautiful. Perfect!